PROFILE AND PROJECTSRESEARCH PLANSSTUDENT PROJECTSCONTACTS
The CYTHRES Research Group focuses on the safety of cyberspace. Its activities focus primarily on the technological aspects of cyberspace (facilities, protocols, etc.), with further relations to social aspects and legal issues.
The CYTHRES Group is currently working on projects that can also form the basis for collaborating with other research institutions or businesses at national and international level.
- Egothor2 is a high-performance full-featured full-text search engine written entirely in Java.
- Galeo is a highly efficient software for geolocation. You can use it to determine the geographic location of an IP address using the classic ping and traceroute tools
- Bobo is a platform to run and support distributed crawlers or virtual entities, allowing any number of independent crawlers to run or manage an unlimited number of virtual entities.
- J5m is an underlying middleware, easy to use as a replacement for JINI in many distributed applications https://www.egothor.org/product/j5m/
- SNOG is a REST / JSON open API for Sensor Networks
The area of interest of the CYTHRES group is complemented by student projects in domains of cyberspace security and related topics, where students either form ad hoc research teams led by an experienced pedagogue or are integrated into CYTHRES research projects.
- Hacking: The aim of the project is to analyze the topology of networks and their security audit. Within the project, students will familiarize themselves with techniques for penetration into secure networks and will be familiar with relevant defense elements.
- Mobilní aplikace:The aim of the project is to analyze the security of mobile applications and the smart mobile carrier’s own operating system. The primary platform is Android.
- Information and IT network security: merging and continuing bachelor projects (see above)